Our Empathic Training Programs Address The Concerns of All Parties in an Investigation: The Accused, Accuser and Witnesses.
We teach investigators, human resource professionals and managers how to use empathy at the forefront of planning, conducting and documenting a workplace investigation.
Workplace Culture is built in everyday moments, and tested during the difficult ones.
Workplace investigations are some of the most difficult conversations in business. The way we treat people during these conversations could be the difference between a peaceful departure or workplace conflict.
Victoria A. Lipnic, acting chair of the EEOC, spoke at the Littler Conference in 2017 and advised the audience that 90% complaints her office received was unresolved workplace conflict. When employees don’t feel an investigation is fair, they will go to an outside agency for justice.
The Empathic Investigations Training programs are designed to ensure that participants can apply the learning in the workplace immediately.
The Empathic Investigation means we may not understand the actions someone took, but we can understand the emotional state that someone can be in
INVESTIGATION & INTERVIEW LEARNING MODULES
Partial Day, Full Day and Two Day Lectures, Workshops and Demonstrations
How to conduct workplace investigations and investigative interviews.
The course includes:
- Connecting authentically in the workplace
- Communication at the highest level
- The art of asking questions
- Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence
- Empathy and Storytelling
- Investigative Interviewing
- The Cognitive Interview
- Accusatory Conversations
- Difficult Conversations
- How to handle resistance
*All training can be tailored to the needs and nature of your business
Do these questions sound familiar?
- Can my complainant walk out the door?
- Can the accused have a lawyer?
- Can you say this is all confidential?
- What if someone wants a union rep are they allowed to have one in the room?
- What if they want to call their mom?
- Can you say you can't leave until you talk to me?
- What if someone wants to be separated from their accuser during the investigation, can you do that?
- Can we legally place an employee on a leave of absence without pay pending the outcome of the investigation?
- Do we have to interview every single person named?
- Do we have to use the same interviewer throughout the entire investigation?
Investigation Topics Include
- Policies and Best Practices
- Relevant Documents
- Non Verbal Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Types of Questions
- Setting the Stage
- Taking Notes
- Interviewing Techniques
- Documenting the Investigation
- Key Definitions and Phrases
The Empathic Investigation means forging a path that creates a trusted process.
The Empathic Investigation means fewer complaints the process was worse than actually be accused of something.
CUSTOM TOPICS FOR AN EMPATHIC WORKPLACE
Classes available for your employees.
Empathic Communication and Interviewing Techniques
Culture, Complaints and Empathic Investigations
Trust & Civility:
Tools to Create an Authentic, Empathic Workplace
Empathic Policies, Procedures and Prevention
Training Frontline Managers to Protect the Empathic Workplace
Creating Consistency, Limiting Liability and Empathic Hiring